4th March 2022
In response to the appeal for help for Ukraine, The Newcastle Polish Centre are organizing a collection of the item's listed below :-
Donated items can be delivered to the Polish Centre, 2 Maple Terrace, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7SF in Newcastle upon Tyne or the parent shelter on KS1 yard will be open from Monday 7 March -Thursday 10 March for any items you wish to donate. School staff will take these to the Polish Centre on Friday
List of things needed
(based on information from aid providers):
Personal hygiene products
- soaps, shower gels, shampoos and hair conditioners, hair brushes
- toothbrushes and toothpaste, for children and adults
- antiperspirants and deodorants (mainly for women but also for men)
- face creams and tonics, hand creams for women.
- sanitary napkins, tampons, panty liners
- larger sanitary pads for women in puerperium and nursing pads
- wet wipes, diapers (various sizes), tissues, cotton pads
- first aid kits
- bandages, gauze and swabs, tourniquets, plasters, disposable gloves
- anti-pain, anti-fever and anti-inflammatory drugs for children and adults
- vitamins for children
- something for cough, for a sore throat, for stomach problems, for nasal drops.
For children, to keep them occupied and distracted, to make them smile:
- coloring books and crayons / markers
- small puzzles
- small mascots / cuddly toys
- sweets: chocolates, bars, snacks, etc.
- baby porridges and fruit / vegetable snacks in tubes (not jars), instant foods such as soups, etc., long-term foods such as canned goods, etc., paper towels, cutlery and disposable plates
- sleeping bags, mats, bedding
- power banks, batteries, flashlights
Clothing in different sizes (please bring new items):
- women's and children's underwear
- Cotton T-shirts, sweatshirts and tracksuits, cotton leggings for women
- thermoactive clothing
- women's slippers, children's and women's pyjamas, bath towels
At the moment, we do not collect used clothing, it can be transferred to the planned next transport as needed.
The collected items will be sent to the strategic reserves warehouse located in the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship. They will be distributed to centers of temporary stay for Ukrainian families who are cared for in this area or, as needed, transferred for transport to Ukraine.